GOSM question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jts70

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 12, 2007
Mayville, Mi
I notice the paint on the inside of my door bubbling up this weekend, should I scrape it down and recoat with some high temp or just let it be?

the inside of my lid is doing the same thing, i just lightly scrape down what is loose, spray with some pam and let it season when i smoke.

edit: off topic

i just noticed that you are only 34 miles from me... my missus's has relatives just over in Marlette

Cool, I was beginning to worry abit. 34 miles is just a little trip, small world isn't it. Thanks for the PM too, I'll be making use of that!

My GOSM has not yet shown paint problems. In your case if the GOSM is in regular use the scrape and oil thingy will do well.

I have to put mine up for the winter because of my job requirements. If mine were to show that same problem I would be tempted to repaint only because of the down time.

Cheers!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky