• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

GOSM question

jts70

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 12, 2007
I notice the paint on the inside of my door bubbling up this weekend, should I scrape it down and recoat with some high temp or just let it be?

teacup13

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 22, 2007
the inside of my lid is doing the same thing, i just lightly scrape down what is loose, spray with some pam and let it season when i smoke.

edit: off topic

i just noticed that you are only 34 miles from me... my missus's has relatives just over in Marlette

jts70

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 12, 2007
Cool, I was beginning to worry abit. 34 miles is just a little trip, small world isn't it. Thanks for the PM too, I'll be making use of that!

teacup13

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 22, 2007
hey no prob... everybody could use some wood...

yah its a small world and we both have the same name as well..lol

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
My GOSM has not yet shown paint problems. In your case if the GOSM is in regular use the scrape and oil thingy will do well.

I have to put mine up for the winter because of my job requirements. If mine were to show that same problem I would be tempted to repaint only because of the down time.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.