Goose Rachael Sandwich....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great use of the goose breast . Sure looks good . That's where a SV really shines in my opinion . Puts a nice tender finish on stuff like this .
That sandwich looks fantastic .
Thanks Chop! You are correct...sous vide really does a number on tough game meats. I pulled out what we needed for supper and let the rest go overnight...see if SV for longer helps any. Plan on eating a sandwich for lunch.

That looks phenomenal Keith! Man, this ol redneck would be all over a plate of that!

So, my son and I are just getting the needed supplies to get into goose hunting… we are really excited bout it!

Reactions: indaswamp
That looks phenomenal Keith! Man, this ol redneck would be all over a plate of that!

So, my son and I are just getting the needed supplies to get into goose hunting… we are really excited bout it!
New name threw me off...could not figure out who it was until I saw your avatar picture. Don't change it until people get use to your new name....LOL!
Thanks. Good luck on the goose hunting. Cloudy-go to fields; sunny-will head to water early.

Though Iove all waterfowl hunting, I don't do much goose hunting...cut my teeth on hunting ducks here in Louisiana. But my how times change....not like it use to be here.

I pulled out what we needed for supper and let the rest go overnight...see if SV for longer helps any. lan on eating a sandwich for lunch.
If you have a enough of it , take a few slices and let it further dry like jerky . I do it beef with pastrami . Great flavor .

Reactions: indaswamp
I'm having flashbacks . You have pencil rod or #12 ? Either way , that's all zinc coated .
I bought some stainless S hooks at Lowes . You can buy it in bar stock too .
Ha Ha , we called it number 9 wire for hanging suspended ceilings. ( T-bar ceilings is what I call it ) I still have a coil of it ( maybe 20 feet )
it was code here , but everywhere I go now ,and happen to be working on someone else's ceilings or have to get up in there . They are using just regular rebar wire. That would not pass 15 years ago. I don't know if it is being inspected or not.

Will try to get me some stainless as I do think it is zinc like you said

David

Thanks David. Good eye...yes the wire is stainless. It's about the diameter of bailing wire. It is used heavily in petrochemical and industrial plants here in South Louisiana. The wire can only hold about a pound per hook...great for jerky and snack sticks.

Thanks Keith

I will see if I can pick up some stainless wire or S hooks at my hardware store

David

You are right, and if they do the price will be stupid
We have a big industrial park here that I get most of my stock. I will google it to see who might carry. thanks

David
What about wire from a wire welder, for welding stainless? Trying to remember what gauge it is...and would it be food safe?

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks great! I never thought of using the sv for it! Def my favorite way to use up goose tiddies! Got something similar going on that ill post up pretty soon! Great job!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky