Good deal on MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow that is a really good deal. Don't have BJ's around here or a need for another MES but hopefully someone takes advantage of that!

Really hoping for a good deal on a 40” gen 2.5. So far, tractor supply company has it for $299. Im in northern Virginia.

that BJ’s one could work for me-it’s a 30” but a great price-any idea if it’s the one bear carver recommends?

It looks like this is the gen 2.5 for $320 on amazon right now:

Masterbuilt MB20076718 Bluetooth Electric Smoker 240G Digital, Black with SS Door
tractor supply company still beats it (they have a 2.5 for $299), but since I don’t have a TSC near me, I have to pay $20 in shipping.

Came across this deal this morning. Great deal if you already have a BJs membership. Wasn't sure where to post.

Yup---That should be a good one for anyone who wants an MES 30:
It looks to be a Hybrid with a Gen #1 exterior, and a Gen #2.5 interior.
The only thing I'm not crazy about is the top vent is on the wrong side.

Bear

I’ve been searching for an electric for a while but since I’m a complete rookie, was a little intimidated by price. Hopefully this $100 unit performs. I was surprised to learn that there are so many different gens... and now hybrids. So much to learn...!

I’ve been searching for an electric for a while but since I’m a complete rookie, was a little intimidated by price. Hopefully this $100 unit performs. I was surprised to learn that there are so many different gens... and now hybrids. So much to learn...!

You don't have to learn all that.
All you have to do is learn the best way to operate the particular one you end up getting.
And We're All here to help you if you need us.

Once you get the hang of it, you can always go to my "Step by Steps" Index to see how easy it actually is. You can find my "Step by Steps" at the bottom of this Post & any other of my 34,000+ posts.

Bear

Is this a Gen 1 40" for $229?

I can't see where the vents are or what kind of drip tray it has.

If it's a gen 1, that seems like a decent deal-and based on bearcarver, it's better than a gen 2, but not as good as a gen 2.5.

Is this a Gen 1 40" for $229?

I can't see where the vents are or what kind of drip tray it has.

If it's a gen 1, that seems like a decent deal-and based on bearcarver, it's better than a gen 2, but not as good as a gen 2.5.

It's hard to tell, but I believe that one is a Hybrid, with the Gen #1 Exterior & the Gen #2.5 interior. And I believe the only problem to be the top vent is on the right, instead of the Left.

Bear

The BBQ joint in my town sells full racks of ribs for $30 a pop. I recenty bought a 3 pack of uncooked ribs from Costco for $25 total. So if you can successfully cook a few good meals out of a $99 MES it's going to pay itself off real quick. Although I STRONGLY recommend getting an A-maze-n pellet tray or tube to use instead of using chips. The MES works fine staight out of the box (excluding smoking at very temps), however the a-maze-n tray makes it so you don't have to reload chips every hour. So not only are you getting countless awesome BBQ meals out of a $100 unit, but you also don't have to spend the day babysitting your smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky