good choice for a slicer in the 150 - 200 range

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jersey Jimbo

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 26, 2020
At the Shore
Am looking at the Chef's Choice 615c slicer. Does anyone have one and what are the pro's and con's about it. Or is there another slicer I can look at. Will be using to slice jerky and roast beef and briskets. And knowing me my fingers at times lol

I had the 615A I believe. Great slicer. I upgraded on a Woot sale to their commercial model now. Woot had the 615 on sale every few months for around $69

Am looking at the Chef's Choice 615c slicer. Does anyone have one and what are the pro's and con's about it. Or is there another slicer I can look at. Will be using to slice jerky and roast beef and briskets. And knowing me my fingers at times lol
I noticed you didn't mention bacon, but if you plan ahead, try and get one that will allow you to slice up the width of pork belly. I made the mistake of getting a smaller one and it makes for some short bacon ( I manually slice it because of this until I purchase a larger one).

I noticed you didn't mention bacon, but if you plan ahead, try and get one that will allow you to slice up the width of pork belly. I made the mistake of getting a smaller one and it makes for some short bacon ( I manually slice it because of this until I purchase a larger one).
thanks for that tip I was planning on slicing up some pork belly too looking at an slicer with a 7" blade would this work

thanks for that tip I was planning on slicing up some pork belly too looking at an slicer with a 7" blade would this work
Well that's only going to work if your belly is less than 7 inches wide.. most full bellies are near the 12 inch range. With a 7 inch blade the slide mechanism only goes so far back and forth ( I don't have the actual measurements since I am work right now) but it makes for short bacon LOL

12 inch slicers are out of both our price ranges at the moment LOL

Off work now and able to get some details...

So I have a Red Head Slicer I picked up at Bass Pro Shops years ago with a 7 1/2 inch blade but from the edge of the slide to the edge of the blade is only 7 inches. Just something to be aware of if you wanna slice bacon, brisket or hams etc.

Looks like it time for a trip to the store to see in person which is the best for what I want to do. thanks for the input

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky