Gonna skip Spring next year

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
April and May have been "not so good" this year. :emoji_tired_face: Check this list out and tell me if you think I should skip Spring next year:

--had to have a finger amputated about 3/4 inch away from my hand due to my carelessness with a skill saw
--our kitchen stove died, so I bought and installed a new one
--our dish washer died, so I bought and installed a new one
--the new dish washer was defective, so I returned it and installed a new one
--I didn't like the way my the way my finger stump was healing, so I went to see my family doctor. He said it was badly infected
--went to see my surgeon who told me the finger couldn't be saved and needed to be removed at the hand
--surgeon tried to remove that same day (May 2), but was unable to freeze the hand. No idea why all the freezing she injected wouldn't do the job, but it wouldn't
--had to get up at 3 AM May 12 to drive 2 1/2 hours to the hospital for the early morning finger surgery. I told her this one better not get infected, so she pumped me full of antibiotics during the surgery and sent me home with prescriptions for 2 more
--and now, at the half way mark in May, just to add insult to injury, our microwave died last night and I have to replace it

I'm starting to think I must have peed in somebody's Corn Flakes. :emoji_disappointed_relieved: :emoji_disappointed_relieved: One thing is for sure--I'm going to sleep through April and May next year. 🥴 :emoji_blush::emoji_laughing:
Gary

Sorry to hear. But boy you’ve been busy. I think I would refuse to participate next year as well. Here’s hoping you catch your groove this summer.

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Wow what a sring if bad luck, hope things get a little quieter for you, but I think next spring I would stand in the yard and say here I'm am spring what else ya got, but please dont listen to me im an idiot so I would stick with your plan.

Even here in Minnesota spring is basically over. 75 and sunny. I say look forward to the good times this summer and check for a good electrician with your appliance luck you have had. On that note though, how old were the appliances you are replacing?

I had something like that a couple years ago when almost every major appliance, including the furnace, failed within a month. Didn't get the finger thing, though. Thank goodness. Sorry about yours.

And here I thought I had it bad with whacking my knee open with an angle grinder last week, and the compressor on my HVAC unit going tits up the very next day.

Hope it gets better for ya soon, Gary.

• Wow
Gary , I hope things get better for ya . I've been in this house since it was built new in 2006 . Everything is original . So my turns coming .
Hate to hear about the finger .

Even here in Minnesota spring is basically over. 75 and sunny. I say look forward to the good times this summer and check for a good electrician with your appliance luck you have had. On that note though, how old were the appliances you are replacing?
We bought all new appliances when we built the house 14 years ago, so they din't really owe us anything. But.....it would be nice if they all didn't go south at the same time. LOL
Gary

Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky