Gonna give ribs ONE MORE TRY then i'm giving up... end up with shoe leather every time! :(

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If I had to point a finger at something, I would say temp was my biggest culprit! The importance of maintaining a constant temp makes all the difference. If I relied on my guage on the smoker, it says 225 when actually its 195, I rigged a probe to stay in there semi-perminant and alert me if the temp spikes. Wrapping the ribs after the initial smoke made a big difference too, They did not lack any moisture when I was biting into them, that's for sure, the beer I used on them made an interesting taste I will definately do again. I have all the confidence I need to cook these again, they will probably become a family favorite...

atta boy!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Congrats glad it turned out so well

Congratulations, my ribs and chicken turned out pretty good too.  The ribs, lets just say the meat was tender, well smoked/seasoned and the meat would pull off of the bone completely and almost turn into pulled pork in your hand.  The chicken also fell apart.  I've got some pictures though.

sorry the rib picture isnot better.
0478ab80_014.jpg
b10abd50_013.jpg

By the way, I could not get all of the membrane off the ribs! I really couldnt notice what difference it made? what should it have done?

Pulling off the membrane lets the smoke/spice/water permeate the ribs.  Also, some people think that it can keep the meat from getting as tender as possible or that it will taste kind of sinewy after all the membrane is like a tendon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky