GMG fix.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DocSteve

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 27, 2018
Had a GMG Daniel Boone for awhile now. Had an issue that it wouldn't get above "room temp" on start up.
Jiggled the ignitor and it worked.
Dealt w customer service and they kept sending me parts quickly. Upgraded it to wifi, did 3 motherboards and 2 ignightors.
All through email. I called and actually explained the problem. Dude sent me another mother board, ignightor and a 10 pin harness never replaced.
When I went to change out the 10 pin harness, I noticed something. One connector had been pushed back during initial assembly. The "jiggle" made the connection.
So to save a head ache, hope this solves at least one members problem.

Attachments

• 20190615_150941.jpg
    20190615_150941.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 37
A good result in the end for ya Doc. Glad you are back up and running, sometimes it is the simplest of things that cause grief.

Sounds like you have enough spare parts to build another smoker :emoji_laughing:

So whats on for your next cook?

Did some ribs today now that it's up and running. No pics, just good ribs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky