Gloves

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nmhuntr

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 4, 2020
Just getting started smoking meat and I want a pair of gloves that work but I don’t want to spend more than makes sense. What gloves do you use? If I need to spend $30 then so be it but there are hundreds of options and I am just looking for some first hand experienc’

Thanks

I just put on a pair of cotton gloves then a pair of nitrile over them. Works great. Disposable and you still have complete control with your hands which is a big issue with the thick rubber gloves
IMG_20201006_191314.jpg

If you have a restaurant supply house in your area you can buy a 100 pair count box of nitrile gloves for about $12.50. They have the cotton gloves as well.

Really depends on the purpose of the glove. I use wedges gloves to handle hot fire boxes, shelves , chimney etc. For handling raw meat I use nitrile gloves.

I use a pair of black lined rubber glove. I've seen them at both lowes and home depot in the BBQ dept...
I think I paid $10 or $12 for them. I also bought another pair and use those strictly for mixing sausage grind to get the bind. They will keep your hands from freezing, and the meat paste will not pull the gloves off your hands like nitrile...

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Like said above, it depends on what you are using the gloves for. There is no glove that will handle hot fire, food prep, hot food handling. You really need 3 different style gloves.
Al

I have a pair of Pit Mitt gloves that I always use for anything hot. They work great. I also use nitrile gloves for raw meat handling.

My current gloves for handling hot cookware/grill racks and such have seen better days.
I was searching for glove suggestions here and decided to try the 'Ove Gloves', I chose their steam proof model which is only a few bucks more.
I'll review them at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winterrider
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky