Glove Recommendation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Riverside, Cal
Hi everyone,

I hope that life is treating you all well. I'm on the hunt for some nice new BBQ gloves. Do any of you have any good experiences with a particular brand? I'm looking for something that can be used for heat resistance but I'm not worried so much about moisture resistance. Thanks in advance for any input you provide.

G

Here's a thread on BBQ gloves that may help you out.

Reactions: jcam222
Hi everyone,

I hope that life is treating you all well. I'm on the hunt for some nice new BBQ gloves. Do any of you have any good experiences with a particular brand? I'm looking for something that can be used for heat resistance but I'm not worried so much about moisture resistance. Thanks in advance for any input you provide.

G
I use the 14" repicca gloves.. you can find em on amazon

Hi everyone,

G
Can't tell you which to get but I can tell you the kind to avoid.
Avoid this thick black rubber ones with the grip-looking texture pieces on them.

The idea is better than the reality. They are a pain in the ass to clean and are just really no that well fitting or useful.

I bought a pair to pick up briskets and pork butts so they wouldn't tear up. Turned out to be easier to just pull my whole rack wearing oven mitts and carry the rack on a baking pan or just flip off the racks onto a baking pan with giant tongs.

Giant tongs are WAY more usefull than any meat grabbing gloves.

I hope this info helps :)

Reactions: JLeonard
I use my winter work gloves for handling hot non food items.
I also have a couple rebar pokers and scrapers to move hot coals. Use tongs to pick them up.
Food I use tongs,forks, and pans.
I recently noticed that Harbor freight has XXL nitrile gloves now. I'll pick up a box next sale and see if I can fit a pair of cotton gloves under them for mixing cold meat or pulling hot meat.

Harbor Freight Mig gloves.

1669766441030.png

Reactions: 801driver
I too use welders gloves. For pulling I just use my bare hands, they get hot but eventually calm down. I used to swear by the Black vinyl gloves, but they started to crack and allow the hot stuff to get through. Don't use them anymore.

Long cuff silicone gloves for pulling meat off the grill, and for pulling or shredding. Cheap welders gloves if I have to grab the grate.

Reactions: negolien
I have a pair of thick rubber gloves from Verde River Products that I use for grabbing meat off of the smoker, but am not that happy. Sound similar to the ones that tallbm tallbm was mentioning above. The work fine, suck to clean and have started to tear. Have found cotton work gloves with nitrile gloves over them are a pretty effective alternative.

My wife got me these recently. Hard to beat for $10.

I’ve used them a few times now and have been pleasantly surprised. I had some like these that I picked up in Target that lasted several years. I also have some thick black rubber gloves that I use to pick up things like a brisket or pork butt, but grease makes them really slick, so you have to be careful. Great thing about those is that you can leave them on and wash your hands to clean them. I also use nitrile gloves over cotton for pulling pork.

The gloves I can tell you NOT to get are those Geekhom gloves with the stubby fingers. Someone with web fingers must have invented them.

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky