Ghost Pepper Habanero pickled eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
LIKE!
LIKE!
LIKE!

Man I need to pickle some more eggs... And Onions.
But I want to be able to vacuum seal them for quicker penetration of the brine/spices.
Waiting 4-5 months for optimal maturity is hard to do, some how eggs disappear out of the jar.

Food save makes an attachment that you can use to vacuum seal canning jars. It works really good for when I slice up a whole Bresaola. 8 ounce portions fit perfectly in a quart jar and once vacuum sealed they keep almost for a really long time in the refrigerator with out being smooshed like when sealing in a vac bag.

View attachment 383268
I need a new vacuum sealer machine with all the bells and whistles.

Santa, ya hear that?
I've not been too naughty.

Those look amazing to me. I love pickled eggs.

Point for sure.
Chris

Thanks for the likes.

This is my 1st time using Ghost Peppers for pickled eggs so the heat level is yet to be felt. Hopefully it’ll be a eye watering nose running experience.
I love the effects of hot and super-hot chiles
When the top of my head starts to sweat and the hairs stand up, eyes are watering and the hiccups may occur.
Then as the endorphins kick and a mild fuzzy feeling euphoria sets in.

Last edited:
Reactions: dr k
I think as much as I like heat Holly, I know my tummy sure wouldn't agree with them being ..not nuclear.

I'd still love to chow down on one of them eggs though, bet it would be a good pick me up.

Wow I'm doing this with all the super hot pepper powders I have. They look like blood clots. I have a 1.5 or so gallon glass pickle jar and a vac lid like in your pic. The 10 eggs I did today are in a jar upside down to make sure the top eggs are pickled. After dehydrating I weighed 20 choc habs with seeds that came to 13.5 grams so I'll just use this ratio to weigh the dust but little specks vs. Coarse pieces of hot pepper will be sticking to the eggs unless I shake to keep as much in the brine before removing the egg from it. I have hundreds of halved dehydrated choc habs I can crush but the Lemon Drop, Ghost and Carolina Reaper are dust. I need to test before doing a large pickle jar.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky