getting the wife the smoking bug

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

creed0423

Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
El Reno
My wife loves the food that comes out of the smoker so much she voluntaried me to make some pulled pork for family dinner. Now I would never turn down the chance to smoke something, especially a pork butt, but I'm on call today and being the 1st cold snap in Oklahoma I was busy all day. So she got to smoke the pork butt today. I rubbed my rub in last night and set up the smoker on the way out the door this morning. Thats where she took over adding chips and spraying it down, covering it and montering the temps. She produced a good pork butt.

I'm proud of her...

I think my wife would have made Top Raman Soup if I didn't cook outside.  I have tried to show her how to use the grill or smoker but she has no interest.  She is an awesome cook but never does it outside.

Good for you.

Bone pulled right out nice and clean. The meat pulled apart easily with two forks. It tasts like your in hog heaven. She did a wonderful job.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky