Getting a Primo 775 Grill/Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokend

Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
Hello, Dennis here. We live in Loudon TN since last May. We moved from Naples Florida to be (half backs). Kind of new to smoking, used a electric water smoker for the last year or so. Now moving on to a Primo oval 775 should have it in a week or two. I also do some wood working.

[h3]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h3][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hi Shinny, Just got my new Primo LG and want to try a P butt on it. Have any direction for me?

Load it up with lump charcoal, light it, put your favorite wood into the coals, put the heat shield over it and let it come up to temp. You'll have to adjust the top and bottom vents until it settles down. Once it's at your desired temp, add your pork butt, close the lid, sit back with your favorite beverage and enjoy the wonderful smell of your new Primo.

You'll really enjoy it. It's so versatile. I've smoked a pork butt, then raised the temp and made pizza for the kids, raised the to 700° and seared steaks without adding charcoal in one day. (over night actually with the butt on the smoker).

Good luck and enjoy.

Edit: there are a number of great rub ideas, finishing sauces etc throughout the forum for your pork butt. If it stalls, don't increase the heat. It will work through the stall. Once it hits your desired temp, remove it, wrap it in towels and place it in a cooler for at least an hour. After it rests, pull it and enjoy and don't forget the Q-view.

Last edited:
Hey Dennis

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky