Generation One Uuni Portable Wood Pellet Pizza Oven

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Did not see a Pizza section so I am posting this here. I had bought into the very first Uuni pizza oven when they first came out. Very expensive at the time but hey I wanted one. Boy what a disappointment it turned out to be. I ruined more pizzas then making good ones. So it sat in the garage getting tossed around to the point the legs were getting bent and weak. Doing my yearly spring cleaning in the garage I looked at it and said nope your not going to get the best of me and set it up on a old metal deck table that the glass broke out of to keep it at a safe distance from the deck. That thing gets to over 800°F in ten minutes to you need to be careful around it. Any ways made up one of my homemade pizzas and gave it another go. This time I used a pizza stone inside the oven that I had as the new models come with pizza stones and the old ones did not. The pizza was ready in about 4 minutes. You have to be fast to spin it around so it does not burn to bad on one side. About 2.5-3 minutes and spin it, back in for a another minute or so and it was done. Wood fired pizza taste pretty darn good this time around.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Nice video your pizza looks great! I looked at pizza ovens for a long time. Thought about getting the camp chef model but never pulled the trigger. Then I thought I could get a BGE and have the versatility to make pizza and use it for grilling/smoking/cooking but couldn't justify spending 1k to do it. Then I saw the kettle attachment. Still trying to decide

Nice video your pizza looks great! I looked at pizza ovens for a long time. Thought about getting the camp chef model but never pulled the trigger. Then I thought I could get a BGE and have the versatility to make pizza and use it for grilling/smoking/cooking but couldn't justify spending 1k to do it. Then I saw the kettle attachment. Still trying to decide

Huh! We're in the same boat then! I like my brother's Ooni Coda but I feel that I want my own. I have no problems cooking on propane gas but you know the taste and brilliance of real wood smoke and all that stuff. Reviews helping to pull my thoughts together so I almost picked portable wood pellet pizza oven with which I will cope and be glad with results. Hope the difference between gas and wood powered oven is not too great. :emoji_grimacing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky