GE fridge build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ineat source will be a pellet pro.... Hopefully I'll be up and running next weekend, Rockwool is supposed to be here Monday, still a work in progress

Last edited:
Fred, Morning...   If you replace the door skin, I'm gonna find a link that helps...

This link describes how to use string, on the original outer door skin, to get it in plane when applying the inner door skin so the finished door will fit in it's original position....    I've done fridge builds...   Nothing more frustrating to put a new inner skin on the original door and have it warped and not fit...  many on the forum have used this method and appreciate someone else solving the issues for them....

http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2013/08/09/problem-free-prefit-doors/

Thanks Dave... I'm assuming that on this application the strings would go on the door itself? And Shem the skin accordingly?

String the door, then shim the door so the strings just touch...  apply the skin while the strings are touching....   Then it will fit the fridge like new...

Fredi, I am pretty sure I have this exact same fridge. I've been using it as a fridge for the past 4 years when I bought it off some guy for $100. It fits 4 homebrew kegs nicely. I took it apart then and replaced the insulation with R-13 fiberglass, but in doing so, I apparently wasn't careful enough with the evaporator and it spring a freon leak. I was able to repair it and a friend of mine tested it and refilled with R12 freon. It held for a while, but last summer I noticed that it has been showing symptoms of leaking again, much slower this time, though. My friend moved away, so I no longer have access to free R12, so it's days as a fridge are numbered. My coworker is getting a new fridge and offered me her old one to replace this in my garage to keep cold beverage, so that means this one is destined to be a smoker. I would be interested to see where your progress is at with this and the approach you took.
Gorgeous paint job, by the way. I can make out the Mazda3 on the other side of your driveway.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky