G'day from Ballandean....Australia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aussie84

Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
G'day,

as you can see my title, is Aussie 84, that is because i have a lang 84 deluxe reverse flow.  i think it is the only one in Australia, there are some using the tex offsets but.  i have been smoking for a number of years, started when my wife got some pork for roasting from our butcher and he asked how it was going to be done, so she procceeded to tell him that i was going to do it in the weber kettle.  any-how he suggested that i throw on some wood for extra flavour.  i had some grape vine laying around and decided to use that.  and that is where my magical journey into the world of smoke started.

i used the kettle to do quite a few hams ( ready to cook ), basically just roasting them with the wood thrown in to add the smoke flavour.  at the time they were the best hams i had ever tried.  one day i was in a department store, and as we do....found myself in the BBQ section, and there right in the middle of the display was a WSM, i asked the sales person what it was about and got a WTF look from him, so i left and didnot think any more of it, untill one day while the missus was doing girly things around the shops i went to a BBQ store and well saw a smoker thing there.  it was a pov pack meko, mate i tell you, it was the hardest i ever had to work for a feed of ham in my life, the fire kept going out, so i drilled some holes in the charcoal pan for draw, that seemed to help.  i used this thing for about 3 yrs, 

i had a 4 burner gasser which i worked out how to do low and slow smoked ribs on, plus i did a few more things like roasts and jerky. 

now i don't know when it hit me, but, i woke up one day and i went outside to have a butchers at the vineyard and had a look over my shoulder at the arsenal of cookers i have.  as i mentioned i have the LANG 84d, also 2 weber kettles, WSM 18" and 22", TRAEGER 100, kamado imperial #5, weber Q and a weber go anywhere.  and just scratched my head and smiled, because that was one pretty sight.  don't know about you blokes but, each and every one of those babies does something a little bit more special than the others.

sorry, about the ramble... i will fade away now and thank-you for the opportunity to be part of this forum.  hope to learn and maybe share some really good BBQ and smoked food tips from you.

thank-you

kevin 

Welcome to the SMF family!!!

we have a couple more members from down under.

welcome to SMF its nice to have ya. Have fun and Happy smoking
icon14.gif

Welcome to SMF - looking forward to seing some of your qview -

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Also for those of you new to smoking,  Get a good Probe Thermometer as we smoke by Temperature NOT TIME.

A good choice for a remote dual probe thermometer is the Maverick ET-732

please,

what is, and how do i use Qview..??..  i would like to put some photos of the LANG 84 and his friends up.

thankyou

kevin

G'Day Aussie
biggrin.gif
  and 
welcome1.gif
 from the Oldschoolbbq bunch
yahoo.gif
Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do
banana_smiley.gif

Get on the Band Wagon and send us some Q-view of yer stuff,we're nosey(Opps...I mean curious).

Have a great stay here and,

Posting photo's is easy. Just click on the "insert image" icon at the top of the text box & follow the prompts.

thank-you, will give it a shot,

kevin

5c19b53f_traeger012.jpg
9032ee4b_traegerizedham3.jpg

8d0c8a16_glenaplin011.jpg
d0a6b136_ballandeanstation004.jpg

386ac2a4_AustraliaDay087.jpg

1bd1dd21_AustraliaDay096.jpg

cool, they seem to work, i think i might need to standardize the size and maybe reduce thaem..??.. or are these OK..??..

kevin

how do you delete a post.  i doubled up on this one and would like to delete one of them. 

please

kevin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky