Garlic Shrimp & Cheese Grits

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks very good Richie, I could take a bowl of that any day !
drool.gif
Justin funny to see this post back up,wife and I were talking about doing this again soon.Thanks for the points I appreciate it

Richie

Dang you eat good !!!      Nice Job    
points1.png

Gary

I am a Canadian, and all you can find up this way is ground whole corn Kernals, but being a trucker who has has grits with everything but the Kitchen Sink, when I was trucking down south for the several years I did that route. But these days, folks who travel far enough south to buy me som white grits, bring back 2 containers every fall for me to make up here.

I am a Canadian, and all you can find up this way is ground whole corn Kernals, but being a trucker who has has grits with everything but the Kitchen Sink, when I was trucking down south for the several years I did that route. But these days, folks who travel far enough south to buy me som white grits, bring back 2 containers every fall for me to make up here.

Its good you have friends taking care of you.
Richie

I've known of shrimp and grits since I was a kid, but have never tried them - looks fantastic, Richie!

Pete I can eat them with the cheese! Plain are a no go for us.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it.
Try them with a poached egg & cheese.
Richie
100_4211.JPG

Reactions: idahopz
Never mind I figured out how to see the pictures.
Looks really good Richie, I love shrimp and grits. I was just in Charleston South Carolina and had some.
Randy,
Randy Thanks I just posted another pic with a poached egg
Richie

Sometime, throw in some Emeril's Essence and cook with chicken stock to go with those shrimp. And a pat of smoked butter.

Don

Sometime, throw in some Emeril's Essence and cook with chicken stock to go with those shrimp. And a pat of smoked butter.

Don
Don Thanks these are great the way they are.
Richie

Now you're making me put grits on my shopping list.

I don't know many people who like grits. To me, they resemble Cream of Wheat, which I loved when I was growing up.

Out of curiosity I just did a search on "mexican grits" and I was not disappointed.

Edited to add, I was thinking Mexican because I found a good deal on frozen "broken" shrimp at a nearby Mexican store.

Last edited:
Now you're making me put grits on my shopping list.

I don't know many people who like grits. To me, they resemble Cream of Wheat, which I loved when I was growing up.

Out of curiosity I just did a search on "mexican grits" and I was not disappointed.

Edited to add, I was thinking Mexican because I found a good deal on frozen "broken" shrimp at a nearby Mexican store.

BW I just picked up 2 lb. bag of jumbos $12.00
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky