Game meats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome to the forum from Minnesota! Pretty much anything and everything is smoked on here, so TNJAKE has good advice! Just ask a specific question and someone on here will be along with help.

Has Jeff or anyone here smoked game meat like duck or deer? If so any suggestions?
I smoke deer meat. Deer meat is lean. I usually inject it. ( I smoke the hindquarters of the deer) I smoke it low n slow. 225 pit temp. For a hindquarter it takes 10-14 hours. I deli slice it for sammichs.
Here is a recipe for you:
DEER MEAT INJECTION
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
4 cups beef stock
Mix well until salt and sugar dissolves.
This makes enough to inject 30lbs of meat. So, adjust accordingly.

I inject and set it in the fridge overnight. I also put a rub on the deer meat. I usually use my favorite bbq rub…KOSMOS rub. They have some good stuff.
Place the deer meat in a foil pan with more beef stock and place on the smoker at 225 for 10 hours. Turns out good.
3EB9B512-4811-4671-9AB0-9FA255831961.jpeg
6B5B6E61-CED3-48C8-82FD-9E40D723312E.jpeg
C8B9D3BE-2C8D-4939-A3A8-2D3E63D6D425.jpeg
3EB9B512-4811-4671-9AB0-9FA255831961.jpeg

I smoke deer meat. Deer meat is lean. I usually inject it. ( I smoke the hindquarters of the deer) I smoke it low n slow. 225 pit temp. For a hindquarter it takes 10-14 hours. I deli slice it for sammichs.
Here is a recipe for you:
DEER MEAT INJECTION
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
4 cups beef stock
Mix well until salt and sugar dissolves.
This makes enough to inject 30lbs of meat. So, adjust accordingly.

I inject and set it in the fridge overnight. I also put a rub on the deer meat. I usually use my favorite bbq rub…KOSMOS rub. They have some good stuff.
Place the deer meat in a foil pan with more beef stock and place on the smoker at 225 for 10 hours. Turns out good.
View attachment 647372View attachment 647373View attachment 647374View attachment 647372
Looks so good!

What do you all do for duck. I'm not an avid hunter...but I'll go out for ducks once in a while. Can't say duck is my favorite though...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky