Game changer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

keahunter

Original poster
Aug 5, 2022
I am fairly new to smoking and sausage making. I am using an MES30 and have been less than pleased with the performance and results that i have been achieving. Based on suggestions from here, especially from Tallbm, I got an auber pid. All I can say is, WOW. What a difference. It's like a got a new smoker. Set the temp profile, always hovered with a degree or two of where it was set, and the resulting sausage is outstanding. If you have an MES, I couldn't recommend the Auber PID enough. Thank you for TallBM and you other kind folks for walking me through this.

I am fairly new to smoking and sausage making. I am using an MES30 and have been less than pleased with the performance and results that i have been achieving. Based on suggestions from here, especially from Tallbm, I got an auber pid. All I can say is, WOW. What a difference. It's like a got a new smoker. Set the temp profile, always hovered with a degree or two of where it was set, and the resulting sausage is outstanding. If you have an MES, I couldn't recommend the Auber PID enough. Thank you for TallBM and you other kind folks for walking me through this.
Glad you got it all working well!
Yeah it's hard to convey how doing the simple rewire and using a PID controller completely converts the MES into a beast of a smoker! It's apples vs oranges.

This is why I think the best electric smoker you can get is a free or super cheap used MES that you rewire and slap a PID on for $160 or so :)

I'm looking forward to seeing some of this smoked food you are doing :)

Can someone lost a link? Cheers
A link to the rewire guide for an MES so you can use a PID on it after?
If so here's that link:

Reactions: clubmanager
All I can say is, WOW. What a difference.
tallbm said it best , that it's hard to tell people how nice it is . I bought mine in 2013 for $149.00 NIB on Black Friday . Added the Auber years later for under $150.00 . Couldn't by the performance for $300.00 .
I just put 2 dozen Reapers and 1 dozen green bells in mine . Set to 150 , it makes a great dehydrator .

tallbm said it best , that it's hard to tell people how nice it is . I bought mine in 2013 for $149.00 NIB on Black Friday . Added the Auber years later for under $150.00 . Couldn't by the performance for $300.00 .
I just put 2 dozen Reapers and 1 dozen green bells in mine . Set to 150 , it makes a great dehydrator .
That's what I did with smoke 24 hours for Chipotle Chocolate Habanero powder.

Reactions: chopsaw
Yup . I pulled the reapers . I'll just leave them as is . I have a bunch of powder already . I'll use them here and there .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky