Fun Stuff - Theme for BBQ Take Out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqcanuck

Original poster
After two years of financial planning, I have purchased a small take out restaurant down the road from me.  My concept is BBQ and will be smoking ribs, pulled pork, chicken etc.  I live in Nova Scotia on the Annapolis Basin and the Bay of Fundy is around the corner.  
I am not competing with the local fish and chip places so do not want the lighthouse, seagull theme as there is enough of those out here.  The name is Desi’s Bar-B-Q (after my granddaughter).  Now I thought this would be the fun part of the business, but I am getting stumped.  I need to get some artwork done for the sign and for flyers etc.  My granddaughter was wanting a pirate girl - nothing too kiddy like, a pretty girl with a pirate hat.   There are T-Shirts selling with “Pirates of the Bay of Fundy” so the idea may not be too bad.  My artistic abilities do no go much farther than drawing stick people, so a graphic artist will be doing the final artwork, but I need to produce an idea of what I want.  
The take out is on 1 1/2 acres so lots of room for picnic tables and parking- so it is pretty casual.  I really need some help on ideas on a theme of some sort.  Thank goodness I do not have indoor seating so I do not have to do anything inside.  The place is seasonal with lots of tourists. 

Anyone have ideas - I searched the internet and still haven't found anything yet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky