Full Smoker this weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Co4ch D4ve

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 30, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
With the retreat of the Polar Vortex, or as Sonny would say... "The Witch put her +!+ away", I saw an opening to restock the Chuck Roast supply in the freezer.

So... on the smoker goes 7 chuckies:
4 with Salt and Pepper:
IMG_1003.JPG

3 with Barbacoa:
IMG_1005.JPG

I wanted to do a Pastrami (my first) so I bought a corned beef brisket at Meijer and added that to the smoke. That is the Pastrami over on the right all by its lonesome.
IMG_1006.JPG

I was hungry for lunch so I added some Brats to the smoking party. First smoked them for about 40 minutes and then finished them on the griddle above the firebox.
IMG_1007.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

Here are the chuckies and they are ready to come off the smoker. I did the Pastrami to 150 degrees. The chuckies will be frozen and added to chili, used for tacos, ect...
IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

The Chuckies went into the freezer and the Pastami went into the SV for 24 hours at 155 degrees. Here is the Pastrami thinly sliced.
IMG_1018.JPG

And as a Pastrami and Swiss, grilled on Marble Rye.
IMG_1016.JPG

For my first go at a Pastrami I can say that I am very pleased. The wife and the daughter gave it a thumbs up! Thanks go out to SmokinAL for the guidance in his many pastrami posts and discussions.

Thanks for looking...
Dave

Great cook. Everything looks great. Very well done

Poor pastrami...segregatioon sucks!!

Very good looking cook there. That is a lot of chuck ready for many meals to come. I will look for one of the invites.

The chuckies wouldn’t let the pastrami play... the brats did keep the pastrami company for a while though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky