Frozen butts…..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think this was the longest I’ve ever had uncooked anything in the freezer. I have a gathering planned for Sunday, and have these two cosco butts planned to smoke. I just pulled them out to move to the fridge, and saw the date and became worried…

I think this was the longest I’ve ever had uncooked anything in the freezer. I have a gathering planned for Sunday, and have these two cosco butts planned to smoke. I just pulled them out to move to the fridge, and saw the date and became worried…
I smoked a 3yr old cryovac prime brisket last month and couldn't tell the difference between a fresh one

Back in June, I found a cryovac rack of STLs packed on 7/05/2017 hiding in the bottom of the deep freezer.
Smoked them and they were fine. $7.99/lb!! :emoji_astonished:

20220603_111104.jpg

Do a slow thaw in the frig and you will not be able to tell the difference. I do similar frequently with most any kind of meat I find on sale over the years, as long as it has been sealed well. Keep us posted.

I had to do a 8 hour overnight in the sink due to they were stil two blocks of ice yesterday afternoon, and the smoke is for Saturday morning. They were still colt this morning, but I can separate them now. Back in the fridge they went. Tomorrow I will open it up, and prep them…

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky