Frog in the lilypad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man, I have to get some thick cut garlic bologna and try this!
Many thanks for sharing this Chris.
My mom used to fry bologna and add a scoop of mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese. Great way to feed four hungry boys cheap. Being the youngest, my brothers taught me how to eat. :emoji_blush:

I love fried balogna, Chris, but I've never added an egg like you did--but I will be next time.
Gary
Appreciate that Gary and for the like. It's really good - so good I'm going to have another for Sundays breakfast.

Glad to inspire gmc! Looks delicious!

Really appreciate it Inda. I had totally forgotten about these until I saw your post. Thanks for the like also.

Chris

Lots of fried Balogna in my lifetime (circa 1953), but never with an egg. Gotta try it!
I'd suggest your measurement handicapped 20yr old think of a fingernail as roughly a half inch but a fingertip might be cut off....
Appreciate it Smokey and for the like. I really started feeling bad for the kid. I took him three tries and still didn't get it right. I finally accepted it because I felt bad that he had to toss the first two attempts in the trash.

These Sammies have caught my eye Chris. Bologna was a rare appearance at our house growing up. We had olive loaf or sometimes cotto salami or pressed ham. It was with the cotto salami I remember that was best this way. Almost burnt to a crisp! Very pepperoni like.

Thanks BEV. One side of this had a good crisp to it the other was just cooked until I saw a good color. Dad also made it with what I believe was polish ham or boiled ham. From the deli - it just had to be fried to be edible.

Chris

Man, I have to get some thick cut garlic bologna and try this!
Many thanks for sharing this Chris.
My mom used to fry bologna and add a scoop of mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese. Great way to feed four hungry boys cheap. Being the youngest, my brothers taught me how to eat. :emoji_blush:

Thank you Colin, I'm not sure if dad had this when he was a kid, but he made it for us a few times a year, and I really liked it. Mashed taters sound great. I will definitely add them to my next attempt. Appreciate the like also.

Chris

Reactions: Colin1230
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky