Friends Close-By

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Friends Close-By

Attachments

• IMG_5865.jpeg
    IMG_5865.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 147
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC04751.JPG
    DSC04751.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Very cool! My kids would love it there, just got back from home where my dad feeds rhe squirrels and birds daily. The kids are glued to the window for hours watching the “wildlife” glad you’re feeling better Bear!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Great pictures of all the animals and very cool how close they come and to be able to view them that way! Thanks for sharing them!!

I'd fire the cat John, sleeping on the job, Geesh. I've been seeing a ton of turkeys lately, but the deer have all but disappeared within the last two weeks. Deer season has a way of doing that. We used to have a fox meander into the neighborhood every couple of days to get his feed bag on with chickens living next door, but that ended suddenly one morning with a bang.

Chris

Hope your feeling better

Great pics Bear! Definitely a beautiful back yard with all the wildlife. Hope you start feeling better!

Ryan

Great pics Bear. Hope your your feeling better. I'd have my recliner facing those doors and wouldnt need a TV to keep me entertained.
Jim

Hope you feel better soon Bear, nice pictures! We have a fox running around our place now.

Love it! Wildlife that close to your house is special. I have that now. Ill post up some in a few.

Thanks a lot everyone!!
I'm real glad you all enjoy my Pics!!
Take Care, Guys!

Bear

As far as I can figure there are about 7 Gobblers in the Window in that picture through my Front Window:

Bear

Been seeing Deer here every day. Usually between 4 and 11 at a time.
That should stop soon, because Buck Season starts next week.
They will magically disappear to avoid the camera!!!

Bear

Reactions: sawhorseray
Pheasants as well! While deer hunting pheasants are everywhere, can get up fairly close to them...but finish deer hunting and go pheasant hunting...poof, they're gone!
Did get our deer heart supply restocked!

Ryan

Good to see you up and about John, hope you are feeling better. Bucks have two buttons on their chest that they can push just before deer season opens. One is marked "Invisible", the other "Non-existent". RAY

LOL---Amen!!
Reminds me of years ago:
My Brother Jim & I were up at his cabin for a couple days of Buck season.
So Buck ended on Saturday, and we were leaving & coming back Monday for Doe season. We saw no Doe all week, but saw a few Buck while looking for Doe. Then when we pulled out of the long lane to the Cabin, there were 2 nice Buck right in front of the entrance.
Jim says, "Pull over----I want to shoot the one that's laughing & sticking his tongue out at us!!!"

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky