Fried Venison back strap, Mac n cheese, salad, and fried churros for dessert

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
My cousin cooked tonight at the firehouse, I thawed out some back strap to throw in along with what he brought. deer season opener for bow is Friday so we're making room in the freezers.
IMG_20210928_175658498.jpg

IMG_20210928_175716839.jpg

IMG_20210928_182637247.jpg

Had a bunch of tortillas leftover from hurricane Ida grocery runs so while the grease was hot, we fried up some tortilla strips for churros...little cinnamon sugar; they were melt in your mouth good!

IMG_20210928_182349251.jpg

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Looks good. We used to do fried chunks down on the Red River. Was talking last week need to start cooking down there again. Only portable thing I have right now is a propane burner.

That is the BEST way to do Venison backstrap in my opinion.
Though I love fried food like that I rarely eat it these days :(

2nd best thing to do with it, (prepare to gasp) grind it and save it for the BEST ground meat dishes you can make lol. I tell people not knock it before they try it :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky