Fresh Pork Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Fresh Pork Sausage

Every now & then we like to have some Fresh Sausage, for a change from my favorite Hickory Farms Smoked Beef Sausages.
So this Thread will show some of what I do with it.
This thread is leftover from when I Semi-Retired both of my Air Fryers for my New Ninja Smart Grill.
Both of my Air Fryers made Great Sausages, but since there are only 5 in a pack, I used this Small One.

First, while it’s still in the plastic bag, I stab each sausage a few times with a fork, so it won’t build up any pressure.
Then Spray them with Olive Oil.
Then I spread them out in my AirFryer & set it @ 360° for 20 minutes.
Then I pause them at 8 minutes & flip them over & restart.
Then at 15 minutes I paused again & checked their Temps. They were fairly close, so I closed it back up & let it run to 18 minutes total.
That made them all 170° IT or higher, with some nice browning on the outside.

Check the captions below to see what I did with the ones I ate.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bear

5 Fresh Sausages in a 1 pound pack:
IMG_6714.jpeg

This happened before this thing was Semi-Retired:
IMG_6715.jpeg

A bunch of spritzes of Frank's Hot Sauce:
IMG_6716.jpeg

Then a bunch of Mrs Bear's BBQ Sauce on My 2 Rolls:
IMG_6717.jpeg

Spread the Sauce out a bit:
IMG_6718.jpeg

After 8 Minutes on First Side:
IMG_6719.jpeg

Done, After Flipping & 10 more minutes on second side:
IMG_6720.jpeg

Bear's first 2 Sammies:
IMG_6721.jpeg

Second Night's Supper, using Jeff's BBQ Sauce:
IMG_6722.jpeg

And add a bunch of Hot Banana Peppers:
IMG_6729.jpeg

Looks good! I use my air fryer 2-3 times a week.. sometimes more depending on the weather.

Looks good! I use my air fryer 2-3 times a week.. sometimes more depending on the weather.

Thank You Charlie!!!
Yup--Air Fryers do a Great Job on a lot of things!!
The main problem with ones like I used here, is the lack of room for much of anything.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: kilo charlie
Nice job I have yet to try sausage in my air fryer my son says scrapple cooks great in the air fryer.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Sausage is Awesome from Air Fryers!!
I gotta Try Scrapple in my Air Fryer---Don't know why I never thought about Air Frying Scrapple!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky