Fresh Pork Sausage (Kraut Dog Bonus)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like a perfect German meal! Beautiful, sauerkraut and brat/sausage can’t be beat! I have to say I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized the red sauce wasn’t ketchup! I was Raised in Iowa with a Chicago mom that would lecture my friends on the evils of ketchup on sausage, hotdogs, or brats if they asked for it! Thanks for sharing!

Thank You!!
Not Ketchup, but Mrs Bear puts Ketchup in her BBQ Sauce, along with Worcestershire, Vinegar, Brown Sugar, and a touch of Liquid Smoke.
I'm 100% Pennsylvania Dutch, and Mrs Bear is 50% PA German.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Oh yell I'll have a kraut dog with some Pa home made kraut.

Warren

Thank You Warren, but our Kraut comes from "Giant".
But Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks like a great meal to me!
Our Grandson is visiting & we are having chili cheese dogs for dinner.
So you know I like that stuff, but I’m not supposed to eat it.
Gotta cheat once in a while, really looking forward to it!!
Al

Thank You Al !!
Hmm---It's been a long time since I had Chili Dogs!! Thanks for the Reminder!
Yup---I gotta keep my portions down, because of the Sodium.
I can't believe how much Sodium is in Soup !!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Im gona jump in line with everyone else......I'll take a couple of those mustard kraut sausages also.
Jim

Thank You!!
Not Ketchup, but Mrs Bear puts Ketchup in her BBQ Sauce, along with Worcestershire, Vinegar, Brown Sugar, and a touch of Liquid Smoke.
I'm 100% Pennsylvania Dutch, and Mrs Bear is 50% PA German.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Warren, but our Kraut comes from "Giant".
But Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Maybe I can add some to my shopping list next time I come for a visit.

Warren

Bear's First Sausage Supper, with Home Fries & Veggie Medley:
img_7477-jpeg.jpg

Getting ready for Second Night's Supper, with Mrs Bear's Sauce & Tallarico's Hot Steak Sandwich Peppers:
img_7478-jpeg.jpg

2nd Night's Supper:
img_7479-jpeg.jpg

Bear they do cook them nice . I'm in for your first 2 nights suppers, both look great
And the Steak sandwich Peppers , Remind me of the sliced hot banana peppers we used to get

Nice couple plates

David

Maybe I can add some to my shopping list next time I come for a visit.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!!
I don't have any more Smokers for Trade. LOL
It's starting to be too cold for a Garage Visit.
Damn Pandemic ever ends, we can do lunch.

Bear

Bear they do cook them nice . I'm in for your first 2 nights suppers, both look great
And the Steak sandwich Peppers , Remind me of the sliced hot banana peppers we used to get

Nice couple plates

David

Thank You David!!
Yup---These Peppers are pretty close, but I like the Hot Banana Peppers more than I liked these.
I'll be going back to them.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky