Fresh ham/ pork shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was at 225 with onboard analog thermometer but I don't have a back up to check that. I think it is going to fast. But I got a digital meat thermometer for Christmas and this is my first time using it. So this is my first time really seeing how it goes up. So I could just be paranoid. Lol

Yes bone in fresh ham not cured so I'm treating it like a pork butt. And shooting for 190 or so to pull it for New Years dinner. Going to be a long night. Smoking it in cherry and going to finish it with apple since I need apple for my side dish of smoked Mac and cheese.

I read where you can so I hoping. Just a different part of the pig. Front instead of back.

Eight hours in and temps are looking good sitting around 125 and rising slowly!!! Ready for the long haul overnight!!!
That is a beautiful picture, you should print it out and have it framed!  There is a wizened old smoker around here who would just say one word to you....... Patience.

And believe me he knows what he's talking about.

Looks really great so far.

Last edited:

That is a beautiful picture, you should print it out and have it framed!  There is a wizened old smoker around here who would just say one word to you....... Patience.

And believe me he knows what he's talking about.

Looks really great so far.

12 hours in and the cherry pellets are taking their color.
Foamheart I think this is even a better one to frame but both are great - very nice

Great Job

A full smoker is a happy smoker

Late lunch early dinner whatever you wanna call it thinking I have everything ready about 4. It sitting at 164 and climbing slowly. Doesn't look like I will have to cooler it at all today after temps settled down over night.

GALLERY]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky