French tost sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kit s

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 2, 2017
Messed up state of California
Jonhsonville makes a sausage that taste a lot like french toast. It surprised me how close it was . Anybody else every tried it.
Trying to figure out the spice combo...know there has to be cinnamon in, probably some vanilla salt and well dang not sure what else. Ideas?

First I've heard of these. Definitely different.
Here's some info to get ya going
The second ingredient is sugar but only lists 3g of sugar per 55 g serving. I wonder how they did that.

Thanks...also they don't mention cinnamon, but it does have that flavor....figured the sugar was in there...but ya only 3 grams for 55g....good question.

Trying to figure out the spice combo...know there has to be cinnamon in, probably some vanilla salt and well dang not sure what else. Ideas?

How about find make a french toast recipe mines the egg, i bet there is maple in there as well

Never seen those before.
They really don't sound that good to me, but I would like to try one.
Al

Never had or seen them for sale . There is a local guy here that makes Honey Pecan bratwurst . Had some deer hunting last year . Reminded me of french toast . One was enough , but was worth a try .

Well when I see something new like this have to try. It surprised me how close it came to tasting like french toast as advertised. Not sure if I will every try to make, just wanted to throw it out there.
Oh and yes I have got things that just didn't cut it and ended up tossing. But curiosity was satisfied.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky