Freezing Brisket for meals

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

woodman3

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
Kansas
When you have three kids time can be in short supply sometimes. When I do get time to cook brisket I like to save most for future meals. I use my vacuum sealer
So when we are ready all it needs is a pot of boiling water. Works great
20181217_212625.jpg

Couldn't agree more. Our freezer if full of single serving packets for me to take for lunch.

Chris

Same here chris. I’ll buy 40 pounds of chicken at a time, season them and vacuseal them in twos or a whole short loin, and seal the steaks up in twos for sv cooking later. Makes life easy.

Sv is the way to go for brisket warm ups as well. Boiling water works to but man the sv is a game changer for warming up leftovers.

Scott

Same here chris. I’ll buy 40 pounds of chicken at a time, season them and vacuseal them in twos or a whole short loin, and seal the steaks up in twos for sv cooking later. Makes life easy.

Sv is the way to go for brisket warm ups as well. Boiling water works to but man the sv is a game changer for warming up leftovers.

Scott

how long do you guys sous vide your vacuum sealed briskets?

I agree on the SV, you can't beat having one.
They have a lot of uses & warming up a vac packed meal is certainly one of them.
Taking a tough cut of meat & making it fork tender is another one.
Al

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
Ive done a few sv raw brisket flats for 24 hours after smoking for 4 hours, and I did a few corned beef briskets for 40 hours the past few years as well.

Just warming up slices or a whole flat I usually do that for an hour to 1 1/2 hours.

Scott

I freeze in 4oz-6oz servings. When I freeze, I make a mixture of beef broth and a lexington dip and freeze it (3:1 ratio). Then I slice out chunks and freeze it with the brisket so that when I warm it up it's nice and moist.

IMG_20181016_205510.jpg IMG_20181016_205515.jpg

When I use boiling water to warm up my foodsaver bags, I tend to have my seals bust. And not just the seals that I made, but even the factory edges as well.
I don't think they actually are rated for the boiling water. My dad who was a material scientist <now retired> did alot of food packaging and he's pretty sure you run the risk of leeching chemicals from them into the food if you boil or microwave.

That's how I do it just an easy simmer, and none have broken open yet(fingers crossed).

Chris

I have simmered and boiled them. Guess I will just simmer from now on. Glad this came up. So a bag doesn't break open on me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky