Free wood swap

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cheech

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 19, 2005
Beautiful Grand Rapids Michigan
Just curious if any is interested in swapping different types of wood?

If some of us have an abundance of say maple/cherry/apple wood and would like some hickory how about we swap it with each other?

May be we could find a way to swap it.

Does this sound like it could work?

True indeed

However if we exchange wood locally or possibly we can find others to swap with while on vacation to a different location.

Not sure of the details just thought I would post the ?

That's the way to do it! If you have a dry place to store wood, a half cord will last you a while if you only use it for cooking.

Its about 4 hours from my place in Atlanta, but only about 35 minutes from my parents' place on St. Simons Island. Its worth the drive to actually meet the man, and see the birth of your new baby!

Also, there are a lot of pecan orchards in that area. If I were you, I would look into a vacation on the coast and kill two birds with one stone. Its really a beautiful and historic place to visit.

I have acres of most all kinds of wood so swapping wouldn't help me, but if you want any wood, Ash, Red Oak, Black birch, Cherry, Locast, Maple, i would send you some in 10 lb boxes if you pay the postage, my wife is going to find out what the flat postage rate is.

The hardware store here sells some smoking woods. I've seen apple, cherry, hickory and oak.

Its a little pricey, at about $12 per bag. If I use mostly charcoal, one bag will last me one smoke.

Just FYI, I guess. Your local hardware store may sell smoking woods.

Hi Woody!

I, too, am very interested in some good cherry wood. It's one of my favorites, but the pre-packaged stuff can be hard to find around here and is a bit pricey.

Cheers,
Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky