Free To Good Home: Browning Meat Slicer (Perfect Condition w/ Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
I bought this several years ago to slice meat for jerky and to shave smoked meats for sandwiches. It has been a great little device and has paid for itself many times over but it's time to step up and get a bigger unit, which I just ordered. Except for the "Browning" logo starting to wear off, it is in perfect condition and the blade is still razor sharp. I have cut hundreds of pounds of meat with it but please bear in mind, it is not a commercial duty slicer so you have to be careful not to overwork it and try to push it beyond what it is designed to do. Let the slicer do the work and it'll give somebody years of good service. If I remember correctly it is an 8 3/8" blade but I'm not going to swear to that. The first person to PM me with their name and address will get this sent to them as soon as my new one gets here.....but you have to give me your address. One of the folks who replied for the spices to do the snack stix forgot to include that :-) Here are a couple of pics:

IMG_20180318_124622.jpg
IMG_20180318_124635.jpg
IMG_20180318_124701.jpg

Something tells me this won't last long but that's OK. Somebody will be able to use this. I have all of the pieces for the meat holder and safety stuff to go back on the sliding tray, which I'll put back on before shipping it. I took it all off so I could lay slabs of bacon on it and have fewer things to fight around.

Hoping to help,
Robert

Well, I was right. This didn't last long....about 2 minutes actually. Indaswamp is the winner....and extremely quick on the "reply" button :-) Slicer is spoken for so I don't know if there is any way to delete this post or not to avoid confusion with other folks.

Reactions: indaswamp
I don't want the slicer. But I wanted to say that's a very generous offer! Yup, I did forgot my address for the spices. This guy is true to his word.

"I don't want the slicer. But I wanted to say that's a very generous offer! Yup, I did forgot my address for the spices. This guy is true to his word."

Thank you for the kind words. This is just another small opportunity to give a little something back to the people that I've gotten so much from. Goodwill gets the clothes and furniture, SMF gets everything related to food and/or cooking :-)

Robert

"I have CB curing right now"
"I'm happy and it'll get used"

Hmmmm....looks like I guessed correctly on both counts: it'll go quickly AND it'll get used. I guess it kinda stands to reason though :-)

Interesting that you mention CB. I just started my first batch yesterday based on Disco's recipe. Can't wait to see how that comes out.

I bought this several years ago to slice meat for jerky and to shave smoked meats for sandwiches. It has been a great little device and has paid for itself many times over but it's time to step up and get a bigger unit, which I just ordered. Except for the "Browning" logo starting to wear off, it is in perfect condition and the blade is still razor sharp. I have cut hundreds of pounds of meat with it but please bear in mind, it is not a commercial duty slicer so you have to be careful not to overwork it and try to push it beyond what it is designed to do. Let the slicer do the work and it'll give somebody years of good service. If I remember correctly it is an 8 3/8" blade but I'm not going to swear to that. The first person to PM me with their name and address will get this sent to them as soon as my new one gets here.....but you have to give me your address. One of the folks who replied for the spices to do the snack stix forgot to include that :) Here are a couple of pics:

View attachment 357768
View attachment 357769
View attachment 357770

Something tells me this won't last long but that's OK. Somebody will be able to use this. I have all of the pieces for the meat holder and safety stuff to go back on the sliding tray, which I'll put back on before shipping it. I took it all off so I could lay slabs of bacon on it and have fewer things to fight around.

Hoping to help,
Robert
Thank you for making us, the rest of the lot here, look bad.

On a serious note: thank you for your kindness. I hope you get back 10x.

Reactions: Steve H
Well, I was right. This didn't last long....about 2 minutes actually. Indaswamp is the winner....and extremely quick on the "reply" button :) Slicer is spoken for so I don't know if there is any way to delete this post or not to avoid confusion with other folks.
Thank you tx smoker. It will be put to good use! Extremely generous of you!
bow.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.