• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Free stuff

chad e

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 20, 2016
So yesterday we were doing set up for a luau themed party we host every year. We sport the whole thing including drinks/food/festivities. I have/had 2 $25 grills that I use for events like this. One fell apart while moving it. Can't complain, lasted at least 5 years I can think of. Fast forward later in the evening, I find out my neighbor is moving after 40+ years in the same house. Guess who has accumulated too much stuff? So he asks me if I want a propane porch heater...
YES! YES I DO!
Looks nice on my porch right?
As I'm walking it through his yard I spot another gem. And ask what his plans were with it. He says he was going to pitch it
Major score!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Awesome!

Al

redheelerdog

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 4, 2011
Free stuff is awesome!  Nice score Chad!

I helped my good friend move into a new house 8 years ago, he gave me his "old" side by side refrigerator/freezer, it still works great to this day and I just pulled out a pork butt to smoke today from it.

Last edited:

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Your lucky day.  A gas porch heater is always nice to have, and that grill looks brand new.

Gary

redheelerdog

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 4, 2011

gearjammer

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2015
Would have been cheap at twice the price.

Free is my favorite Kind of stuff.

Nice score.

Ed

ammaturesmoker

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 31, 2015
That looks how I got mine a few weeks ago. 2 new handles....a temp gauge....and an upgraded ash pan got me a nice unit for 45 bucks.

chad e

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 20, 2016
ammaturesmoker ammaturesmoker
Ya I will need to put new handles on it but other than that it's good to go. Now I'm thinking about all the accessories...rotisserie or maybe a vortex. Decisions decisions

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Pitch a Weber kettle?  No way!  All parts are available for a rebuild or ongoing maintenance. Webers never die! b

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.