FREE CASINGS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
Hi guys, I am getting out of sausage & bacon making. So I am giving all my supplies to the first person who NEEDS some casings. My neighbors wanted my dry cure fridge & my MES, so they are gone. But I still have a very large stash of casings. Hog, several sizes, sheep, big red bologna, edible & non-edible collagen, beef middles, beef bung, also some UMAI casings, and much more, and also bacon hangers. I would prefer if you could come to my house & pick them up. But I can ship them, if you are willing to pay the shipping. I have not checked out what the shipping costs would be, but I have a full paper grocery bag full of stuff.
If you can’t pick them up I will check out the shipping costs. I would like these to go to someone who is new at sausage making & needs supplies, but if there is no newbie who wants them then I will give them to some of you that have been making sausage for a while. Please PM me if you are in need.
Al
BF77BBD5-8189-4772-9BC1-6B6EF9AB7806.jpeg

Ha Ha, No Gary, no bacon in my diet from now on. I know I’ll probably cheat once in a while cause I still have a few packs of that Berkshire bacon I made a while ago in my freezer!
But the Doc says no cured meats anymore, and a bunch of other stuff too, but it’s all good. If I’m a good boy I’ll be around for a long time!
Al

Cured meats have always had a bad name when health is talked about, not sure about any food these days, I try to limit a lot of stuff but there's so much you just cant stop eating, prayers sent & hope you live a very very long life and I have to cheat on my diet some days just to stay sane lol

Yea,I’ll probably cheat A bit too, but if I have all that stuff around the temptation will just be too great. I’m not going to live like a Monk.
Al

Sorry to hear of that Al. They always seem to find fault with the good things in life.
Nice of you to offer your supplies.

Sad day in charcuterie.
If you're going to cheat, wouldn't it be better with the bacon or the sausage you help your neighbor's hang on the hooks than commercial?

Sorry to hear that your getting out of it bummer when the doctor says something like that. Very nice of you to offer it to a member here. If I were to drive all the way down to your place it would be to pay for and pick up that big slicer you have. lol

Thanks for all the well wishes guys! I have had quite a few responses & have it narrowed to someone who seems like they really need this stuff, so I will be packaging it up today & taking it to the postal store to check on the various rates to the different zip codes. No need to worry about me I plan to hit 100 with Judy at my side. I’m now and have always been a fighter. If any of you missed this & really need this stuff PM me today.
Al

OK I found the perfect guy, just got a used stuffer & bought a grinder, but that is about it. I think he will be pleasantly surprised, when he gets his package!
Al

Reactions: jcam222 and chopsaw
Sorry to hear you are getting out of the sausage game. I just started so if you need a good home for those supplies, I am sure TomKnollRFV TomKnollRFV and I would make good use of them.

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky