Free Bacon!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I know I Loved Sir Francis Bacon when we raised him.
I treated him like a pet, scratched his belly often every day, fed him well.
He was intelligent, too.

Growing meat is a lot like growing anything else, takes time, care, and proper feeding.
Our Butcher always marveled at how our meat animals were lead to slaughter on a leash.
The kids were told we were raising them for meat, but we could treat them with respect, too.

The Chinese eat dog meat. Not something I think I could do.
But then, there are people that think us eating pigs is atrocious.
Or Beef is sacrilege.
And vegans think we are all heathens.

When I burned out on the work it took, and the lack of help I got, I just resigned myself to making money and buying what I wanted to eat. Kind of like Carnation evaporated milk.
Carnation Milk, Best in the Land,
Comes to You in a little round can,
No Tea_ _ (utters) to squeeze,
No hay to pitch,
You just poke a Hole,
In the SO_ (can)

Yeah, I gave up and surrendered to pushing the Mill Wheel again, until I could retire.
You know what retirement is? It's the time in life where you have out lived your usefulness, but you aren't quite dead yet.
So you Bar-B-Que. And you have fun making folks you never met laugh and feel good. Then you die.
But unlike that Pig, or Beef, nobody eats whats left.
So I fish and hunt at stores. And always get my limit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky