Franklins BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I like to think that I make decent BBQ and I've read Aaron's book which I really enjoyed. One day I will make it there just because, may be disappointed, but just have to find out for myself...

Reactions: Retired Spook
I've been to many of the noteworthy brisket joints in and around Austin and Lockhart, but never made it to Franklin's.

Frankly, I just started smoking briskets not very long ago - I used the read, watch and learn method, here and elsewhere, and based on the last brisket I smoked, there is no need for me to ever step into a brisket joint ever again, because what I smoked was better.

No offense to anyone's adopted heritage or family honor, just a fact.

• Wow
Reactions: Displaced Texan
I went there in 2016 for my birthday. Figured it was the only chance I would get.

1659650851618.jpeg

That was the line at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday when we arrived. More people still showed up behind us. I guess the people who were first in line said they showed up at 5:00 a.m.

Finally got in and seated with food about 1:30 but they were good and brought out half sammies of chopped brisket while we waited.
Thought I would throw in a picture of their menu, just because of what it says at the very bottom.
1659651015541.jpeg

It was actually kind of fun waiting in line though as I got to talk to people from a lot of different places who were waiting. Had some beer while waiting as will which helped some.

Food was pretty good. It was so far the best brisket I have had. Pulled pork was pretty decent but I had the chance to try Harry Soo's and his was better. Sausage was pretty decent had just about the right amount of spice for me. Sides seemed pretty average.
1659651189094.jpeg

All in all I enjoyed it. Not sure I would do it again or not with that long of wait but happy I did it just for the experience.

I went there in 2016 for my birthday. Figured it was the only chance I would get.

View attachment 639673
That was the line at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday when we arrived. More people still showed up behind us. I guess the people who were first in line said they showed up at 5:00 a.m.

Finally got in and seated with food about 1:30 but they were good and brought out half sammies of chopped brisket while we waited.
Thought I would throw in a picture of their menu, just because of what it says at the very bottom.
View attachment 639674

It was actually kind of fun waiting in line though as I got to talk to people from a lot of different places who were waiting. Had some beer while waiting as will which helped some.

Food was pretty good. It was so far the best brisket I have had. Pulled pork was pretty decent but I had the chance to try Harry Soo's and his was better. Sausage was pretty decent had just about the right amount of spice for me. Sides seemed pretty average.
View attachment 639675
All in all I enjoyed it. Not sure I would do it again or not with that long of wait but happy I did it just for the experience.
Yep, I have read it is akin to a football tailgate. Everyone having a good time.

Whether or not any of us can make good brisket ourselves is immaterial.

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky