Four 7 pound Briskets just went in the Smoker...! w/ Que View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nauidvr1

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
Bel Air, MD
Hey All,

I haven't been on the boards for quite some time, due to - well, just life....

Anywho, thought I post up some Que View for ya'll. Got the pit temp set for 225, gonna smoke till they're at 195-200. Gonna serve up one, sliced, tomorrow lunch. The others will be held in a cooler for 2 or so hours, cooled down in fridge, then vac packed and frozen. That way I'll have enough briskets to last thru the winter.

I discovered this by accident - vac packing & freezing the smoked meats, the flavors are deeper after a few weeks, or months in the freezer. The story behind that comment is, that last year I had smoked a butt load of pork butts and had a few whole butts left over, after a gathering, so I vac packed then & froze them. A few months later, at the most inopertune time my sister-in-law requested that I smoke some butts for a birthday party (mind you this was at 9pm at night & I didn't have a stock of fresh butts - nor was I able to start smoking at the drop of a hat). Anyways, I suddenly remebered that I had butts in the freezer, so I told her I would work my ass off all night to get her some smoked butts, by 1pm the next day. I pullled 2 butts from the freezer to thaw over night, spritzed them with apple juice & Jack Daniels, double tented in heavy duty foil, and tossed them in the oven. All the relatives, neighbors & friends wanted to know what I had done different - 'cause my butts were always great, but this was "the best one I had cooked" - according to them. So I put that little feather in my cap, and now I always cook 2-4 times what is needed - hell I fill the smoker to it gills sometimes - just to have meat all winter or if I know I am going to be busy for a few months.

Room Temp for an hour before prepping (these are the kind with the nose cut off). Bought an 82 pound case of these little suckers, for a "couldn't pass up price"! 

afb48412_11_brisket_01.jpg

Preparing the Briskets  with Dijon Mustard & Jeff's Rub

c7a8a35e_11_brisket_02.jpg

In the Smoker w/ temp probes attached. Should be about 10-12 hours now!

8aebf0c6_11_brisket_03.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a great idea to freeze after you smoke!! It doesn't become "mushy" after being froze? I would love to do this so when i get busy in the spring,summer and fall i could have smokey goodness without toomuch time.

WOW lookin good so far, Gonna be an all-niter 
beercheer.gif
Nah, not an all nighter for me. My Smoker is a Smokin Tex Pro electric - you just feed the wood box, shut the door and set the temp. Of, course I have my remote temp gadget on my night stand in case there are any problems.

Thats a great idea to freeze after you smoke!! It doesn't become "mushy" after being froze? I would love to do this so when i get busy in the spring,summer and fall i could have smokey goodness without toomuch time.
Nope it dosen't get "mushy" - but if needed, just open up the foil tent for the last 30-60 minutes in the oven and that will harden it back up.

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

It looks like you are well on your way to some fine eating soon enough.

icon_cool.gif

It looks like you are well on your way to some fine eating soon enough.
Yep, can't wait until later this afternoon! I am waiting for the last one to come up to temp before pulling it out & wrapping in foil. It was knida weird, all four of them reached temp at different times. The first one came off at the 9 hour mark, I still have one in the smoker at the 15 hour mark!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky