forum trouble

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lamar

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Bridgton Me
I can not post or reply. help is needed

after, faiilng. several times today, it worked this time. crazy thing

still can't reply to posts

Last edited:
The last time I did a "winders" update, it nearly bricked my 12 yo laptop.
Good thing I still remembered some dos command line stuff and BIOS...though, it took me a while.

The last time I did a "winders" update, it nearly bricked my 12 yo laptop
Yeah. I agree. One of my collateral jobs in the Navy was squadron QA officer. I learned to recognize patterns of failure. After three computers became bricks between September and January after updates, I stopped ALL automatic updates. That was a failure pattern. If I was a computer manufacturer and wanted people to justify a new computer, when is the perfect period to do so? Think about it.

I have one Windows 7 computer that I NEVER use online, refuse to update, and it chugs along fine for the one recipe program I use it for.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Yeah. I agree. One of my collateral jobs in the Navy was squadron QA officer. I learned to recognize patterns of failure. After three computers became bricks between September and January after updates, I stopped ALL automatic updates. That was a failure pattern. If I was a computer manufacturer and wanted people to justify a new computer, when is the perfect period to do so? Think about it.

I have one Windows 7 computer that I NEVER use online, refuse to update, and it chugs along fine for the one recipe program I use it for.

I certainly agree.
My 12 yo laptop is not "compatiable" with Windows 11 and I have no plans to buy a new PC just to have the latest new thing.
I really don't want to knock MS, but everything after XP seems to be junk.
I had a custom rig that ran XP Pro 64 bit (Anvil) before 64 bit became mainstream.
I wish I had kept that PC since it was stable mable.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky