Fort Worth and Dallas Have Gone BLUE!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.

Brian Luenser

about an hour ago  

Downtown has gone Blue tonight. The occasion you may ask? (I had to find out) Safe Communities designation by the World Health Organization and National Safety Council. A very special honor. 2 Texas cities received it including Fort Worth and Dallas. Congratulations to both cities... A shot of the Pythias Building on Main Street just after Sundown.  — with Fort Worth.

Brian Luenser

about an hour ago  

OK, my last Fort Worth in Blue tonight. The sky was beautiful just after Sundown tonight. I have other pictures that show lots of stars. (Orion is right above Main Street looking South this week around Sunset) This shot has too much construction stuff in it to wind up on a wall, but it is still pretty to me. Next year at this time, I will be having a field day in this same spot... I can't wait. And I even love construction.  — with Fort Worth.

Thanks for the Q-view. I miss Home (Temple)
frown.gif

Way to go DFW...
texas.gif
 We Luv Ya
thumb1%20copy.gif

As always, have fun and...

Hey Brian!

I work in downtown FW. Love the pics. Do you know any places to buy good meat - that are not Central Market? Is Boston Butt a Boston Butt - regardless of where you get it? What about brisket? Let me know when you get a chance.Thanks

Brian (ro13bit)

Hi, this is Pops6927.  Brian is the photographer who took the pics; I'm the one who posted.

I buy at several places.  If you can find a sale price 79¢ - 99¢ for butts, that is a great price.  Otherwise, I go to Bassham Foods on Hemphill, (right off I 20) they have a retail Cash/n/Carry there and butts usually ave. $1.34/lb.  Boston butts get their name from Colonial days.  Hogs to process separated the loins, bellies and hams from the shoulders, which were considered less desirable cuts and were shipped elsewhere in huge barrels, or "butts"; hence the name.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky