Football has priority on time instead of cooking.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Lonzinomaker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 8, 2018
Didn't want to spend time cooking today, wanted to watch football instead. So made a 4.5# batch of meatloaf to smoke. Going to smoke at 210 until internal temp is 160 deg with apple and cherry wood.
Recipe: 2.5# ground beef, 1# italian pork sausage, 1# ground turkey. Seasoned with 1/2 cup bread crumbs, fish sauce, powdered worcestershire, ketchup, ground pepper, onion powder, granulated garlic and 2 eggs (but no salt).

Attachments

• 20220116_meatloaf2.jpg
    20220116_meatloaf2.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 20
I hear ya. I had 3 whole chickens cured/brined and decided to just do them in the oven rather than smoke them.

I tweaked a muscle in my upper back, it's cold outside, I wanted to eat sooner than later, and more and more I was wanting less to clean after the cook so in the oven it went lol.

Football on the TV but looks like another game this weekend that is going to get out of hand.

Lets see if the Cowboys and the 49'ers put up a good game. I imagine so since my Cowboys can't ever just win or just lose. They gotta take it to the wire no matter what, even when they should cleanly win. # of penalties will decide the game I think. Not refs, but # of penalties.

Nothing wrong with a good meatloaf! Sounds really good!

And tallbm tallbm I hope your cowboys have alot of penalties! Of course I told my wife's twin brother the same thing lol!

Ryan

Reactions: bauchjw
2.5 hours smoke, let it rest in smoker with heat turned off for 1 hour while I made a quick run to the store. Put the acorn squash in the oven to cook while we were gone.
Got home and got everything ready to eat.
Squash was really good. Meatloaf has a nice light smoke flavor that went well with the butter and brown sugar in the squash. Saving one pan to freeze for later.
Will probably have meatloaf sandwiches tomorrow.

Attachments

• meatloaf leftover.jpg
    meatloaf leftover.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 16
Nothing wrong with a good meatloaf! Sounds really good!

And tallbm tallbm I hope your cowboys have alot of penalties! Of course I told my wife's twin brother the same thing lol!

Ryan
Hahaha oh they had a lot and more. As usual high drama and craziness with a Cowboys game but in the end they beat themselves as often happens :) Congrats on the win :D

Nice, love meat rock (as we call it in our house) never smoked one but really need too. Great cook!

I started my beef short ribs at 5AM to be sure they were ready by 1:30 for the 49ers game. Finished at 12:45 so was able to time it perfectly. Crazy 49er Cowboys game. Bit off all the fingernails.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky