Food Safety News Fri 1/24/2020

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak.fs

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 11, 2018
Omak, Washington
Food Safety News
Fri 1/24/2020 4:01 AM
Email not displaying properly? View it in your browser.
More poisonings in Brazil linked to beer; officials urge extreme caution
By News Desk on Jan 24, 2020 12:03 am More than 20 people are suspected to have been poisoned and four have died in Brazil after drinking contaminated batches of beer. Tests have found diethylene glycol in 32 lots of 10 Backer beers. Officials from the Minas Gerais State Department of Health recommended no beer produced by Backer should be consumed. The agency advised... Continue Reading

CFIA pulls license for Ontario poultry slaughter business
By News Desk on Jan 24, 2020 12:01 am The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has suspended the Safe Food for Canadians (SFC) license #3RWXY8FD (Est. 658) of Cami International Poultry Ltd., a poultry slaughter establishment located in Welland, Ontario. While the suspension is in effect, the license holder may not conduct any activity for which SFC license #3RWXY8FD was issued. CFIA suspended license... Continue Reading

Latest recall involving hard boiled eggs covers cornbread dressing, bread stuffing
By News Desk on Jan 23, 2020 06:21 pm Savannah Food Company Inc. is recalling cornbread dressing and bread stuffing made with frozen diced eggs from Almark Foods of Gainesville, GA. The products were distributed through wholesale distributors to restaurants, delis, cafeterias, and foodservice establishments in Tennessee, Alabama, Texas, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Arkansas. “This recall is taking place due... Continue Reading

Meat and poultry industries end week in silence over Marler Salmonella petition
By Dan Flynn on Jan 23, 2020 03:05 pm With annual retail sales approaching $100 billion, an effective structure of industry associations, and powerful K Street lobbyists, this week is ending in surprising silence from the powerful meat and poultry industries when it comes to banning Salmonella strains. The week began Jan 19 with the best-known attorney for victims of foodborne illness and allied... Continue Reading

Sandwich recall expanded for Listeria risk; 50 more varieties implicated
By News Desk on Jan 23, 2020 11:55 am Lipari Foods has expanded its recall of sandwiches, adding more than 50 varieties to the list, because of potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. The sandwiches were distributed in 15 states. All Premo and Fresh Grab sandwiches with best-by dates through Feb. 6 are now included in the recall, according to the company’s notice posted by... Continue Reading

Lived there, Sao Paulo 2.5yrs 1978-1980. Open market unrefigerated swinging meat from hooks over SS autopsy tables. I've had a course of parasitic pills in Brasil in those years but luckily no other forms of foodbourne pathogens. Pork was great there but tough beef cattle then. Most meat was over cooked so safe and pork was 145 min. No problem with Antartica and Brahma beer. But I was 10-12 yrs. My dad would joke that I can't drink on those parasite pills.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky