Food Safety News - 12/09/2020

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak.fs

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 11, 2018
Omak, Washington
Trump administration ending with Chlorpyrifos still OK for ag uses
By Dan Flynn on Dec 09, 2020 12:05 am The Environmental Protection Agency is extending the use of the pesticide Chlorpyrifos for some purposes. Hawaii, New York and California ban the use of the pesticide. One of the most widely-used pesticides in agriculture, chlorpyrifos is used on crops from corn to soybeans to fresh produce like apples. Non-agricultural uses include golf courses. The EPA’s... Continue Reading

Meat and alcohol on radar of food crime unit
By Joe Whitworth on Dec 09, 2020 12:03 am Premises operating as illegal cutting plants, counterfeit alcohol, allegations of extending use-by dates, and relabeling overseas products were among cases dealt with this year by a food crime unit. The National Food Crime Unit (NFCU) annual update was presented Tuesday at the Food Standard Agency’s virtual Business Committee meeting. The NFCU is currently heading up... Continue Reading

Letter to the Editor: Sound science should reflect relevant data
By Guest Contributor on Dec 09, 2020 12:02 am Opinion Dear Editor, In her letter “Letter to the Editor: Industry supporter out of line on line speeds,” (https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2020...ndustry-supporter-out-of-line-on-line-speeds/) Jessica Chapman offers her ad hominem opinion that I am “an industry supporter whose research is harmful to public health” and mistakenly claims that I based my recent publication “Higher Line Speed in Young Chicken Slaughter... Continue Reading

Guidelines issued for Listeria in frozen vegetables after outbreak
By News Desk on Dec 09, 2020 12:01 am Hygiene guidelines for controlling Listeria monocytogenes during production of frozen vegetables have been published. Work started after an outbreak connected to frozen sweetcorn produced by Greenyard in Hungary. The incident sickened at least 54 people with listeriosis in Australia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Austria, and the United Kingdom. There were 10 deaths from 2015 to 2018.... Continue Reading

One sick as company expands recall of deli meats for Listeria risk
By News Desk on Dec 08, 2020 04:00 pm At least one person is now confirmed infected and a November recall is being expanded as Levitts Foods Inc. continues to investigate Listeria contamination of deli meats. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s expanded recall notice did not include any additional details about the person sickened by Listeria monocytogenes. The notice lists eight specific meats. The... Continue Reading

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky