Food Safety News - 01/22/2021....... Perdue exits the building after getting USDA jurisdiction over gene-edited livestock

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak.fs

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 11, 2018
Omak, Washington
Perdue exits the building after getting USDA jurisdiction over gene-edited livestock
By Dan Flynn on Jan 22, 2021 12:06 am In one of his final acts before leaving the USDA, Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue signed an agreement ending a turf war between his department and the Department of Health and Human Services. It shifts oversight of gene-edited livestock to USDA. A short time earlier, Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Stephen Hahn said he would... Continue Reading

Parallels
By Darin Detwiler on Jan 22, 2021 12:04 am contriuted Opinion On Wednesday, Jan. 20, I sat through a few meetings, delivered a presentation on food safety labeling, and was interviewed for a podcast on food safety. All of this work took place at my home as we are in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. Meanwhile, I joined much of the nation as... Continue Reading

FSA issues warning about safety of meat sold on Facebook
By News Desk on Jan 22, 2021 12:03 am The Food Standards Agency has warned about potentially unsafe meat sold via Facebook. Implicated meat products were supplied before Jan. 15 by an unregistered and unapproved Wiltshire-based vendor. It is understood that distribution has occurred nationally across England, according to the Food Standards Agency (FSA). Brand names include Ushqime Organike, Bio UK; Ushqime BIO UK;... Continue Reading

Listeria contamination traced to meat supplier
By Joe Whitworth on Jan 22, 2021 12:01 am An investigation by officials in New Zealand has traced the source of several Listeria infections to a meat supplier. The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI)’s New Zealand Food Safety and Nelson Marlborough Public Health Service investigated six listeriosis patients spread over four years. The incident led to recalls of ham products from a number of... Continue Reading

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky