Floored, Stunned, and Blessed by The Gracious Generosity Here at SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This whole thread is just beautiful.
The kind hearts by so many , and I know it is Christmas, but I see all you folks doing good to one another all year long.
It makes one's heart fill with joy

And John ( Chile ) I have read many of your posts and the time and energy you and your family put out to others in your neck of the woods. And than the troubles you have had to endure over the past while.
It is good to see the enormous hearts of others to pay it forward ( as you did with your car 4 years ago )

Well deserved and

John: Merry Christmas to you and yours .
And everyone involved in this act

David

Many like minded folks here.
This is a great community of members, friends and even family.
I've often enjoyed seeing others gifted nice things, I've given and received here.
And it's not just SMF, others forums have incredible camaraderie too.
On a local fishing forum I was pushing my wife's books.
Next thing we knew the members started their own auction for a full signed set of the Possession Chronicles, and the bidding ended at $500.
Mind Boggling.

We believe that works are not dead.
Fellow Christians will know what that means.
And we believe in sharing our blessings.
I had a cancer scare and got really lucky with it.
Somebody watching over me maybe?
Power of prayers?

Now we were just blessed again.
And we're blessing a member of our church who is not so lucky, and is slowly dieing from cancer.
Half of this blessing is going to that family.
And I'm sure that they will use it to make their grand and great-grand children's Christmas more memorable.

And again, because it can not be said too many times, "Thank You!"

Sitting here with a tear in my eye reading through this. Such an incredible thread really makes a statement of what sort of community we share here.
I see all you folks doing good to one another all year long.
It makes one's heart fill with joy
You have been in my thoughts many times. As beautiful as your property is, I just wish you didn't live in Canada...or at the very least, it wasn't cost prohibitive to ship something there.
Half of this blessing is going to that family.
You are an honorable man sir. No doubt, the world would be a much better place if there were more people like you. We have "known" each other for a long time and I am proud to call you a friend. It is gestures like this that set you apart from the masses, just like the gesture made to you by SMF members sets many of the people here apart as just having truly good hearts. Kudos to all and a very merry Christmas!!

Robert

You have been in my thoughts many times. As beautiful as your property is, I just wish you didn't live in Canada...or at the very least, it wasn't cost prohibitive to ship something there.

Robert very nice of you to say , but do not worry about that , I am happy to be on here with all you folks. And being on either side of the border does not stop us from being one big family and great friends.

Thank you for saying that

Every one have a great Christmas or What ever you believe in Just have a great Holiday and all the best in the New Year

David and Mona

Great story! I have seen an amazing amount of love and generosity from the members
of this site the short time I have been around.
I am not a big forums person per se and my love of cooking and sharing that with others has brought and kept me here.
The passion and care that I see here does move me to tears and keeps me hoping for a better day for all of us.

Great. I was not part of this group who donated, didn't know about it, but I agree with all the comments of the great people on this forum, but some go above and beyond. This is absolutely the greatest group of keyboard guys and gals to associate with I have ever been around. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

What comes around goes around, no really, and it's almost scary sometimes.

Got the bill from the anesthesiologist for cutting out my evil Minime.
It was $759. I had no medical insurance.
There was a code on the bill with -$500. and the final "You Owe" was $259.
The code when we asked was, "No Insurance, Forgiven."

I was compelled to share my blessings, and it came right back to me.

And I am glad to read it. Karma? Fate? What comes around goes around? Call it what you will but when you bestow blessings on others, blessings will be bestowed on you...and as often as not, when you need it the most.

Robert

That's great news! I totally agree, all do as much for others as you can.

I just ran across this! Stuff like this is great to hear! Good things come to good people especially when surrounded by good people in a great community like this!

What comes around goes around, no really, and it's almost scary sometimes.

Got the bill from the anesthesiologist for cutting out my evil Minime.
It was $759. I had no medical insurance.
There was a code on the bill with -$500. and the final "You Owe" was $259.
The code when we asked was, "No Insurance, Forgiven."

It is said that sometimes bad things happen to good people. BUT, sometimes good things happen to good, deserving people, John...

Great to hear Chili! I got billed more from the anesthesiologist for a colonoscope that was done in a outpatient surgi-center.

Glad to hear there are still some good people out there.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky