Flat Iron Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

edmonds

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 6, 2020
Huntsville, AL
I got a package of Piedmontese beef from Gary at Sunterra Grills (thanks Gary).
The NY strips and ground beef were good.
But the flavor of the flat iron steaks blew me away.
I'm going to have to ask my beef processor if he can cut me some next time I take a steer in.

First start a fire for some wood-fire grilling.

IMG_8158.jpeg

When fire is ready, throw on some veggies - eggplant and green beans.

IMG_8160.jpeg

Then for the steaks.

IMG_8161.jpeg

Finally, some spinach for 1 or 2 minutes.

IMG_8163.jpeg

Now time to eat.

IMG_8164.jpeg

The flatiron has been one of our favorites for a while. They were very inexpensive for a long time, but like most things, their prices have jumped lately. Nice grill setup!

I got a package of Piedmontese beef from Gary at Sunterra Grills (thanks Gary).
That is one fantastic looking meal!! We love grilled veggies around here so that hits a soft spot in my heart :emoji_wink:Interesting that you mention Gary, Sunterra, and Certified Piedmontese. Gary was my sales manager when I bought my Sunterra Santa Maria grill several years ago and he's the one who turned me onto CPB products, which have become our only beef offerings around here. Nice to see the familiar names.

Robert

The flatiron has been one of our favorites for a while. They were very inexpensive for a long time, but like most things, their prices have jumped lately. Nice grill setup!

I'm a believer now. Hope my processor can cut a couple for me.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That is one fantastic looking meal!! We love grilled veggies around here so that hits a soft spot in my heart :emoji_wink:Interesting that you mention Gary, Sunterra, and Certified Piedmontese. Gary was my sales manager when I bought my Sunterra Santa Maria grill several years ago and he's the one who turned me onto CPB products, which have become our only beef offerings around here. Nice to see the familiar names.

Robert

Not sure if I'll be buying CPB anytime soon, since I raise my own cows (Dexter). But the flat iron sure had some great flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky