Flank Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eddiememphis

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Denver
IMG_0837-L.jpg

Flank steak from local market, grey meat section, I mean "Manager's Special".

Marinade- red wine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, garlic.

IMG_0838-L.jpg

Smoker for two hours at 225°. Brought the meat up to 110° internal.
Fired up the chimney and set a cast iron grate over it. Seared the meat until 135°. Wrapped it in foil until I couldn't wait any longer.

IMG_0843-L.jpg

IMG_0844-L.jpg
IMG_0848-L.jpg

Looks mighty good to me.

point for sure
Chris

Really dig your searing grate! Looks like it's off an old Hibachi I have. I'll have to steal that idea, can't believe I never thought of using it. Looks good!

Very nice. I'm looking at that marinate real hard. Sounds like a good flavor profile and using the chimney to sear is something I've never thought of but I'm thinking about it now! Flank steak looks great.

Really dig your searing grate! Looks like it's off an old Hibachi I have. I'll have to steal that idea, can't believe I never thought of using it. Looks good!

I wasn't sure where the grate came from but now that you mention it, I'm sure that is what it is.

I found it in Grampa's garage years ago and asked if I could have it. He said sure and I have used it while camping since.

The chimney idea isn't mine. I saw it on youtube. One of the mythbuster guys did a video about steaks and that was one of the ways he cooked it.

It gets MUCH hotter than any grill I own, perfect for searing.

Reactions: kawboy
looks great, nothing wrong with managers specials, it takes quite a while for beef to actually go bad.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky