Flank Steak and Rosemary

Discussion in 'Beef' started by rabbithutch, Aug 10, 2013.

1. rabbithutch

rabbithutch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I bought a flank steak this week and have it in a marinade concoction that involves Worcestershire, soy and A1 sauces along with Italian dressing salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder and minced garlic. I usually grill this piece of meat to a temp of 120° then slice it thinly on the bias; however, this morning I was harvesting herbs that grew up while we were away for 3 weeks. I have some springs of rosemary and was thinking about putting sprigs one each side of the flank steak then rolling it into a sort of roast and tying it with string then smoking it on the mini-wsm.

What do you think? Maybe the rosemary has gone to my brain. I can't seem to imagine what the rolled up steak will look like if both sides are not cooked.

????

2. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

RH, morning.....  I have heard, but not tried, rosemary on the charcoals, or heat source, aromatics the meat with it's smoke....  Rosemary can be a powerful herb....  I like it but use it with caution....  It adds some great flavors to food......   

Dave

3. I would just rub it good with the rosemary

Looking forward to seeing the money shot.

Happy smoken.

David

4. kathrynn

kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Rosemary is one of those herbs...for me....a little bit can go a long way.  Love it...just in little doses.

Kat