Flank and shrimp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
After seeing chilerelleno chilerelleno turf & surf thread I got a hankering for the same.

I seasoned the flank with a light dusting of spog and into the MES with a 1/4 tube of char/hickory dust and set the Auber to 250. Smoked the steak to an IT of 115 and then onto the Q for quick sear till 125 and then a short rest.

The shrimp is nothing more than garlic,butter and some red peppers sauteed in the CI skillet.

The asparagus is just plain steamed.

20230312_154311.jpg
20230312_180747.jpg
20230312_180744.jpg
20230312_180342.jpg
20230312_180937.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing chilerelleno chilerelleno turf & surf thread I got a hankering for the same.

I seasoned the flank with a light dusting of spog and into the MES with a 1/4 tube of char/hickory dust and set the Auber to 250. Smoked the steak to an IT of 115 and then onto the Q for quick sear till 125 and then a short rest.

The shrimp is nothing more than garlic,butter and some red peppers sauteed in the CI skillet.

The asparagus is just plain steamed.

View attachment 661525View attachment 661526View attachment 661527View attachment 661528View attachment 661529
Man that all looks fantastic! Great job!

Reactions: normanaj
I love me some flank and yours look really good Norm.

Point for sure
Chris

Man, that is one fine looking plate of food right there. The shrimp looks outstanding and the steak is perfectly cooked. Excellent meal.

Robert

Thanks all!

This will be happening again very soon.

Nice looking meal there. You were able to get some great color on those shrimp.

Very nice cook! PS I LOVE smoked spam! I cut my spam loafs in 1/4s for the smoke.....just perfect! This has me thinking of smoked spam and smoked cream cheese and crackers for the weekend!!!

Wow! Awesome looking plate and great cook! That flank looks perfect and can’t beat a great shrimp to accompany it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky