FLAME error on Camp Chef DLX

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ejcorbin99

Original poster
Jul 14, 2023
After thinking my smoker was busy doing its thing, I went out to find the FLAME error. I checked the hopper and it appeared that the pellets were up around the sides, but not down into where they enter the smoker (kind of like a funnel - pellets around the sides, but bottom open). We refilled the hopper and did the start up process again, but it doesn't appear to be working because the temperate is showing 107 and goes up a degree or 2 and back down. If in fact it was a problem with the pellets (and we have checked that they are moving into the grill) needing to be refilled, is there something we need to do to relight the flame?

I have a DLX and have never had that error. I would shut it down, empty your burn cup and start over to see if it happens again.

Since your hopper tunneled and the auger essentially ran out of pellets, I would have refilled the hopper, dumped what was in the burn pot, ran the feed cycle, and restarted. I have the SG24, which is mostly the same as the DLX.

Reactions: mr_whipple
Just be aware that tunneling is pretty common with pellet grills, so periodically opening the hopper and swishing the pellets around every once in awhile is needed. I took the guard off the top of my hopper to make this easier, and it also helps with emptying the hopper if you want to change to a different wood.

All good info here. On long cooks i even pile pellets over the auger port . Im planning to build a hopper extension so i can throw an extra 4 or 5 lbs in so i can sleep longer on overnighters😉

Corey

I took the guard off the top of my hopper to make this easier, and it also helps with emptying the hopper if you want to change to a different wood.
The guard is a PITA. I've removed it from every pellet cooker I've owned (4 now, 5 on the way).
I'm sure its a CYA to protect them from lawsuits from an idiot that puts his fingers down in a turning auger.

Reactions: Coreymacc
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky