Fish Sticks & Steak Fries

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I do not like fish sticks. I believe they are the fish equivalent of hot dogs. Sorry. But the fillets look damn amazing! Big like on those.

Thank You Steve!!
This is the first I tried "Sticks" in years, because of the Meat to Breading ratio, and these were much better than I remember they used to be.
I actually enjoyed these.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks good Bear, nicely done in the ninja

As kids Mom would give us fish stick and fries done in the oven or most time in
the electric frying pan, I don't remember any other fish as a kid growing up . Might
have had others , just don't remember it. Always liked sticks

But I do remember having the frozen fillets a lot when I was out on my own. At 15
that was a great quick meal , and still have been known to throw a few down my neck

Just something about them, awww memories.

David

I got the Ninja yesterday and have not opened yet. Still trying to figure out place to put it. My kitchen is only 8 x 8 so not much room for anything! This what I use for my ovens. I know what a mess! My air fryer is the middle one which I guess take out and se if Ninja would work there? Man I need a bigger house! There is a room in front of kitchen that wall could be knock out but when I add up the $$$ say heck with it.

20220128_052805.jpg

Looks good Bear, nicely done in the ninja

As kids Mom would give us fish stick and fries done in the oven or most time in
the electric frying pan, I don't remember any other fish as a kid growing up . Might
have had others , just don't remember it. Always liked sticks

But I do remember having the frozen fillets a lot when I was out on my own. At 15
that was a great quick meal , and still have been known to throw a few down my neck

Just something about them, awww memories.

David

Thank You David!!
My Dad was a very Avid Fisherman & Hunter, so we never had store bought "Fish Sticks" at home, but My schools had them very often in the Lunch Rotation. I even loved them, which is more than I can say about most School Cafeteria Lunches.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I got the Ninja yesterday and have not opened yet. Still trying to figure out place to put it. My kitchen is only 8 x 8 so not much room for anything! This what I use for my ovens. I know what a mess! My air fryer is the middle one which I guess take out and se if Ninja would work there? Man I need a bigger house! There is a room in front of kitchen that wall could be knock out but when I add up the $$$ say heck with it.

View attachment 523610

My Ninja actually made more room on my Counter tops, because I was able to retire 3 other Toys when this Ninja took over.

Bear

A little late bear but still looks good

Thank You Jim!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Your going to talk me into an air fryer, yet.
I can say "You wouldn't be Disappointed".
I did some Trader Joe fish sticks tonight. Came out great. I been using this Ninja everyday! Just Awesome. Years ago before airfryers I had a Nesco Jet Stream Oven. That thing was great but made from cheap plastic. I went through a few before could not get anymore. I tried several things trying to find a replacement but never did. This thing reminds me of that only a whole lot better. All I can say is takes John's advice and just get one. This think just blows me away how good it works.

Reactions: Bearcarver
I did some Trader Joe fish sticks tonight. Came out great. I been using this Ninja everyday! Just Awesome. Years ago before airfryers I had a Nesco Jet Stream Oven. That thing was great but made from cheap plastic. I went through a few before could not get anymore. I tried several things trying to find a replacement but never did. This thing reminds me of that only a whole lot better. All I can say is takes John's advice and just get one. This think just blows me away how good it works.

Thanks for the confirmation, Brian!!
You just gotta love this Ninja!!!
The thing it can't do is Smoke.
So anybody who can still use a Smoker should hang on to it.

Bear

In rotation on school lunch program Man glad I'm not that old. Oh, wait a minute that's those brown sticks we use to get on school lunches every Friday. Yea they got kind of crappie, but I will eat some of the filets. I do use your idea of sandwich spread as tartar sauce.

Warren

What is the brand of the sticks and fillets, Bearcarver Bearcarver ?

I got a Ninja Foodi multi-cooker for Christmas but I want to take it back and get just an air fryer. It's also a pressure cooker, which I already have and hardly use. What is the model of your Ninja? Never mind I see it on your Link page.

Rick

Last edited:
What is the brand of the sticks and fillets, Bearcarver Bearcarver ?

I got a Ninja Foodi multi-cooker for Christmas but I want to take it back and get just an air fryer. It's also a pressure cooker, which I already have and hardly use. What is the model of your Ninja? Never mind I see it on your Link page.

Rick

I like Gorton's & Mrs Pauls Fillets & Sticks.
My Ninja isn't a Pressure cooker.
I posted the picture of mine in my Ninja Thread, so people can tell which one I'm talking about, that I like best.

Bear

Reactions: Cody_Mack
In rotation on school lunch program Man glad I'm not that old. Oh, wait a minute that's those brown sticks we use to get on school lunches every Friday. Yea they got kind of crappie, but I will eat some of the filets. I do use your idea of sandwich spread as tartar sauce.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
I enjoyed a lot of those Daily 32 cent lunches at school, but My Mother was a lousy cook!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Our lunches were $.25 and $.26 with chocolate milk.

Warren

That's because you're 5 years older than me.
The funny one was the milk was 4 cents in the machine, so you put a nickel in, and you got a little carton of milk, with a Shiny new penny taped to it.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky